Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cheers, 2016!

With a little help from my fellow Team Swappers I put together this Picture My Life (PML) style single page layout for the New Years Celebration coming up. All are using the November Stamp of the Month (SOM) S1511 Cheers, 2016!I even put in 4 spots for photos, forcing myself to take pictures of our celebration. We traditionally haven't really celebrated the New Year with much gusto in the past but I'm determined to give me a reason to celebrate...maybe a photoless layout will inspire something.

Here is the layout as a whole

The 2016 Happy New Year 4"x6" PML in the upper left quadrant of the page was created by Kendra Halverson, my awesome team mate who ALWAYS participates in our Team Swaps. She used her Cricut to cut the panels Cranberry outline and Happy banner. In this panel she used the following supplies: 



  • 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
  • 1273 Cranberry Cardstock
  • Z2116 Cranberry Ink
  • z1985 Gold Shimmer Trim
  • Z2066 Gold Embossing Powder
  • Z2012 Gold Sequins
  • Z2105 Black Ink
  • Z679 Liquid Glass 

The 4"x6" Photo panel in upper right quadrant I created using the following supplies:

  • 1388 Colonial White Cardstock
  • Z1809 Black Shimmer Trim
  • Z2105 Black Ink
  • Z679 Liquid Glass
TIP: Shimmer trim makes trimming out a photo panel, PML, card so super easy!


The first left 3"x4" PML I created to hold a smaller photo. I used the following supplies:

  • 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
  • Z1829 Black Glitter paper
  • Z3105 Gold Fundamentals
  • Z1912 Corner Rounder
Flip Flap Front

The second 3"x4" Flip Flap "I can Dream BIG", I created. I used the following supplies:


  • 1388 Colonial White Cardstock
  • Z3076 Gold Glitter Paper
  • Z2105 Black Ink
  • Z679 Liquid Glass
  • Z3105 Gold Fundamentals
  • Z3027 3"x4" Flip Flap
  • Z1829 Black Glitter Paper
  • Z2012 Gold Sequins
Flip Flap Back





















The 3"x4" PML under the Flip Flap was created by Denita Marble, another awesome team mate who does our team swaps. She used the following supplies:

  • Z2023 Bling Gems Gold Assortment
  • Z2105 Black Ink
  • Z2012 Gold Sequins

The third PML is another photo panel I created using simply the gold glitter paper and one of the wood Gold Fundamentals Cut in half.

TIP: Don't be limited by boundaries, especially in PML pages. Simply allow a 5"x7" photo to move across several PML pockets or like in the above pocket let the "You Are Here" Gold Wood Fundamental extend for visual interest.


The final 3"x4" PML was created by another team mate Elizabeth Briones. She used her cricut to cut out the champagne glass from Cranberry cardstock. She used the following supplies:

  • Z2173 Slate Ink
  • Z2105 Black Ink
  • Z1375 Craft Paper
  • 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
  • Z2012 Gold Sequins
  • Z2116 Cranberry Ink

The bottom left 4''x6" PML I created using all the same supplies but added the Z1979 LePen Journaling Pen. I have been taking CreativLei's 31 Days to love your lettering online class and its made huge strides in improving my scrapbook hand lettering. Note the shadow in the Imagine banner...see Tip below.

TIP: Mix a bit of the ink out of a re-inker with some Liquid Glass and use a watercolor brush to paint it on to get a shadow effect. *remember to clean your brush right away once it dries you can never use it again.


The final 4"x6" PML is to hold a 3"x3" photo. On this panel I did use the Cuttlebug Embossing folder for the clock. I used strips off leftover Gold Glitter paper for the star stripes and the Gold Fundamentals.

Thanks for viewing!

If you live in the Tucson, AZ area and are interested in a Crop Retreat please take a look at the Quarterly Crop Retreat starting in January 2016!
Click HERE for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment